The popular band The Beatniks will return to the downtown waterfront on Tuesday.
The City of Gig Harbor, along with sponsors CenturyLink and St. Anthony Hospital, is presenting the concert as part of the 12th anniversary season of Summer Sounds at Skansie.
The Beatniks will rock the harbor from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
The concert will require a few street closures.
Harborview Drive from Pioneer Way to Rosedale Street will close at 4 p.m. Traffic will be re-routed until approximately 9:30 p.m.
Concert attendees are reminded of the following:
• Chairs may be placed in the park after 7 a.m. – no ropes or ties are allowed around chairs.
• No umbrellas or canopies will be allowed
• Harborview Drive will close at 4 p.m., so plan ahead.
• Gig Harbor Parks are non-smoking and no alcoholic beverages allowed.
• Trolley scheduling and routing can be found at piercetransit.org/pt-trolley/.
This event draws several thousand attendees and organizers are asking the public to allow plenty of time to get to the event, carpool, or ride the trolley. It is advised to leave pets at home. Restaurants will be on site taking orders and delivering food to the park.
Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of this service and support our local businesses.
Learn more at gigharborguide.com.