Santa Claus will trade his sleigh and reindeer for a fire engine early next month.
From Dec. 9-13, Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One will bring Santa through town. Donations for the Gig Harbor/Peninsula FISH Food Bank will be collected during the runs. Food and toys will be given to families in need.
If Santa isn’t in the neighborhood, donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
• Gig Harbor Fire Station 51, 6711 Kimball Drive.
• Gig Harbor Fire Station 59, 3828 62nd Ave. Court NW.
• Gig Harbor Fire Station Headquarters, 10222 Bujacich Road NW.
• Gig Harbor Civic Center, 3510 Grandview St.
Santa will begin his ride at 5:30 p.m. each night of the tour. More precise locations can be found www.gigharborfire.org, or on the Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One Facebook page.
On Dec. 9, Engine 54 will visit:
• Arletta Store, 3520 Ray Nash Drive NW.
• Whitley Hills, 40th Street and 75th Avenue Court.
• Wildwood, 40th Street and 75th Avenue Court.
• Canta Rana, 40th Street and 67th Avenue.
• 70th Avenue and 35th Street.
Also Dec. 9, Engine 55 will visit:
• Sylvia Lake Cabana, 75th Street and 85th Avenue.
• Islandview Market, 7102 Ray Nash Drive.
• Braewood, Rosedale Street and 80th Street.
• Millbrook, 66th Avenue and 84th Street.
• Rosedale Ridge, gated neighborhood beyond 66th Avenue and 92nd Street.
• Chelsea Park, Hunt Street and 62nd Avenue Court.
On Dec. 11, Engine 54 will visit:
• Bridlewood, Ford Drive and 31st Street Court.
• Cromwell Woods, Ford Drive and 30th Street.
• Cabrini, Wollochet and Spruce Lane.
• Artondale and 64th Avenue.
• Wollochet Heights, Wollochet and Spruce Lane.
• Forest Grove Apartments, 56th Street and 36th Avenue.
Also Dec. 11, Engine 55 will visit:
• Harbor Point Apartments, Reid Drive and 47th Street.
• Hidden Glen, 14th Avenue and 38th Street.
• Point Evans Estates, 14th Avenue and 34th Street Court.
• Southport, Reid Drive and 1830 44th St. Court.
• Cliffside Apartments, 14th Avenue and Cliffside Lane.
• Bridgewood Estates, Jahn Avenue and 25th Street Court.
• Saratoga, 26th Avenue and 8th Street.
On Dec. 12, Engine 54 will visit:
• Wellington, 144th Street and 49th Avenue Court.
• Olympic Sunset West, 54th Avenue and 142nd Street.
• The Lakes, main building, 4420 146th St. NW.
• North Crescent Lake Estates, 155th Street and Crescent Valley Drive.
• Point Richmond Ridge, Hallstrom and 134th Street.
• Sunrise Trace, Hallstrom and 117th Street Court.
Also Dec. 12, Engine 55 will visit:
• Henderson Bay Estates, 63rd Avenue Court and 109th Street.
• Harbor Crossing, Borgen Boulevard and 51st Avenue.
• The Ridge at Gig Harbor, Borgen Boulevard and Harbor Hill Avenue.
• Avalon Woods, Peacock Hill Avenue and 100th Street Court.
• Peacock Hill Avenue and 107th Street.
• Woodridge, Peacock Hill and 112th Street Court.
• Harbor Estates, Peacock Hill Avenue and 118th Street Court NW.
• Monterey Estates, Peacock Hill Avenue and 135th Street Court.
On Dec. 13, Engine 54 will visit:
• Point Fosdick Drive.
• Discovery Point, 36th Street and 30th Avenue Court.
• Quail Run, Briarwood between 38th Avenue and Point Fosdick.
• Harbor Country Estates, Point Fosdick and Harbor Country Drive.
• Gig Harbor Villa, 5900 Soundview Drive.
• Harborwood, 6100 Soundview Drive.
Also Dec. 13, Engine 55 will visit:
• Rosedale Market, Rosedale and 86th Avenue.
• Cedarwood, 46th Avenue and 69th Street.
• Woodmere, Lombard and 77th Street.
• North Creek Estates, 46th Avenue and North Creek Lane.
• Rosedale Townhomes, 4418 Rosedale St.
• Stinson Park Apartments, 7314 Stinson Ave.
Santa also will tour the Key Peninsula in a fire engine. He will visit:
• Dec. 7 — Lake Minterwood.
• Dec. 8 — Following the tree lighting about 5:30 p.m, Santa will go to Wind and Tides, Bel Mar and Emerald Shores.
• Dec. 9 — Greentree.
• Dec. 13 — Lakebay Marina at 6 p.m. and the streets of Home at 7:30 p.m.
• Dec. 14 — Taylor Bay and Jackson Lake.
• Dec. 15— Joemma Beach and Palmer Lake.
• Dec. 19 — Horseshoe Lake Estates and Creviston Heights.
• Dec. 20 — Skate Night and Vaughn.
• Dec. 21 — Lake of the Woods and Bel Ridge.
• Dec. 22 — Lake Holiday.